Moses Snapper Ceviche with Avocado & Coriander Salsa on Crispy Wantons
Recipe for 25 people
- 2.5 kg Moses Snapper
- 10 avocadoes
- 400g coriander fresh
- 100g mint fresh
- 2 punnets micro lemon thyme
- 6 limes (add an additional 3 finger limes when in season)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 whole red chillis
- medium knob of ginger
- 2 Tbspn high quality salt flakes
- 2 tspn cracked black pepper
- 2 tbspn extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large packet of wantons
- 10L Frying oil for the wantons
- Slice fresh Moses Snapper into 1cm lengths x 5mm thickness (just as a guide, don’t get the ruler out).
- Juice the limes and set aside in a bowl.
- Finely dice coriander and mint, add to lime juice.
- Deseed chillis and finely julienne, add to lime juice.
- Grate ginger and garlic, add to lime juice.
- Season with a tablespoon of salt and all the pepper.
- Dice avocado into small/medium squares and set aside.
- Heat frying oil up to 160°C, fry wantons until crisp, set aside to cool and break up into 2 mouthful bite sized pieces.
- Add lime juice combination to the sliced fish and mix thoroughly, let sit for 5 - 10 min, until the fish loses its transparency and becomes whiter.
- Cut micro lemon thyme if still attached to the roots.
- Spoon a snapper mixture roughly ¾ of a dessert spoon onto the wantons, get rid of any excess juices.
- Add a teaspoon of diced avocado on top of the fish mixture.
- Sprinkle with a few strands of lemon thyme herbs and some diced lime for garnish.