5000 Meals OVERVIEW
- Utilise surplus local produce to minimise food wastage in the Food and Hospitality industries.
- Produce nutritious meals that will assist people in need.
- Provide students the opportunity to work with Chefs and industry specialists.
- Assist teachers to deliver meaningful and relevant learning experiences.
Outcomes for Students:
- Contribution to units of competency for VET Students.
- Hands-on commercial experience.
- Access to mentorship from chefs.
- Development of practical skills and knowledge.
- Community service and engagement.
Outcomes for Teachers:
- Development of skills and professional networks.
- Maintenance of industry knowledge.
- The project assists with assessing several relevant units of competency.
- Promotion of the school’s Home Economics Department; showcasing student work and achievements within the local community.