Raw Rainbow Cheesecake
Chef Lisa Harding
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup soaked pitted dates
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked for minimum 4 hours and rinsed)
- ½ cup light agave or maple syrup
- ¾ - 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup liquified coconut oil
- ¼ tsp fine Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Various essential oils or medicine flower extracts for different flavours as desired.
Colours of choice – see list below. Have each colour ready in separate bowls.
If using powders, leave as is. If using dried products, soak in lukewarm water, juice fruit/vegetables if required (spinach/beetroot). If using frozen, allow time to thaw out.
- Put almonds and coconut into a food processer – blitz until they form a fine crumb.
- Add in the dates slowly until the mixture starts to come together slightly.
- Press into cake tin or moulds and set aside.
- Combine all filling ingredients into a thermomix or high-powered blender. 3 mins, 37˚, Speed 9
- Scrape down sides and blitz again for another 15 seconds.
- Separate the white filling into all of the separate bowls and mix until combined (whole fruit/vegetables will need to be blended through using the high-powered blender – do lightest colours through to darkest in this case)
- Using all of the different colours pour/dollop each different colour around the moulds/cake tins until all full – lightly tap to get rid of any air pockets.
- Use a chopstick or skewer to swirl through the cakes to create a swirly rainbow.
- Place in the freezer to set – best after 4-6 hours for mini cakes, if possible leave overnight.
- Remove from moulds/tin while frozen and decorate. Can leave in the fridge for 7 days max (fresh fruit 3-4 days) or freezer for 3 months if sealed in an airtight container (best to wrap tightly in cling film if possible).
|PINK||Pitaya (Pink Dragon Fruit), Beetroot, Raspberry, Strawberry|
|PURPLE||Blueberries, mulberries, blackberries|
|BLUE||Blue butterfly pea flower, blue spirulina|
|GREEN||Matcha tea, spirulina, spinach, mint, kiwi fruit|
|YELLOW||Turmeric, seabuckthorn berry|
|CARAMEL||Lucuma, mesquite, dark sweeteners, dates|