Summer Eggplants with Ricotta & Capers
Slow Food Swan Valley and Eastern Regions has launched its new producer recognition program, the Snail of Approval. The Snail of Approval is awarded to producers and businesses that produce, use or sell “Good, Clean and Fair” produce. This new project will provide a range of benefits to growers, restaurants, cafes, food artisans and retail outlets who support the Slow Food philosophy, and will make it easier for consumers to identify these businesses. To find out how your business can get the Snail, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Eggplants with Ricotta and Capers
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 medium eggplants
- 200gr of ricotta
- 50gr of Parmesan cheese
- 1 teasp of capers
- hot chilli and paprika to taste
- a small bunch of mint
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Wash the eggplants and slice lengthwise about 5mm thick and put in a container with water and salt to rest for about 1 hour. Then rinse them in fresh water and pat them dry.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl mix the ricotta and parmesan together and whisk to a smooth cream.
- In a separate container put 4 tbsp. of EVO, the squashed garlic, about 10 chopped mint leaves and a teaspoon of mixed hot chilli and paprika. Mix properly and leave to infuse for about 30 minutes.
- Put on a stove a non-sticky frypan, when hot put a layer of the sliced eggplants in it and brush with the aromatic oil and cook. do this until all the eggplants are cooked.
- Take a baking dish and brush the bottom with the aromatic oil. Place a layer of eggplants, then a tablespoon of ricotta, few capers and a pinch of paprika and chilli. Keep doing it until you have used all the ingredients, finishing with ricotta and capers on the top.
- Bake it for about 5 minutes and serve.